After putting her children to bed, Jacqui changes into her old jeans and a
worn out blouse and proceeds to wash her hair. As she hears the children getting
more and more noisy in their bedroom, her tolerance grows thin. At last Jacqui
wraps a towel around her wet head and storms into their room, putting them back
to bed and giving them severe warnings. While leaving the room, she overhears
her three-year-old say in a shaky voice, ‘Who was “that”?’
- Dumbwaiter: One who asks if the children would care to order a dessert.
- Feedback: The inevitable result when the baby doesn’t appreciate the
- Full Name: What you call your child when you’re angry with him.
- Grandparents: The people who think your children are wonderful even though
they’re sure you’re not raising them right.
- Independent: How we want our children to be for as long as they do
everything we say.
- Puddle: A small body of water that draws other small bodies wearing dry
- Show Off: A child who is more talented than yours.
- Whodunit: None of the children who live in your house.
- Bottle-feeding: An opportunity for Daddy to get up at 2 am.
See Father’s Day jokes.